Re: UK - Buying a 2nd hand Europa.

Subject: Re: UK - Buying a 2nd hand Europa.
From: clevelee@cswebmail.com
Date: Wed, 23 May 2001 14:44:51
I have a previously built Emeraude that I purchased while living in Canada,
which
has similar rules re. owner maintenance as to the UK.  I have over the past
11 years rebuilt the entire aircraft (1200 hrs TT) while maintaining it in
flightworthy
condition for each summer season of flying.  It is a great way to own
a homebuilt aircraft. I currently hangar the aircraft in the Detroit area and
fly across the border once a year purposly just to keep the Canadian
registration
and freedom to service the aircraft (which isn't allowed on U.S. previoulsy
built aircraft.)

As for "2'nd hand" - should my custom built Europa ever need to change owners,
it will be "previously built" and not "second hand"!! :-)

On Tue, 22 May 2001, "Strike, Edward  (ANTS)" wrote:

> What is the deal with buying a second hand Europa in the UK, will I still be
> able to maintain it myself??
>
> Thanks in advance.
>

> Edward Strike
> Unix Systems Administration
> -- ANTS Front Office Technical Support --
> > * (00 44) 20 7612 3080
> > * edward.strike@ants.co.uk
> "The internet has not changed my life @ all"

> This email message contains confidential information for the above addressee
only.  If you are not the intended addressee you must not disclose or use the
information in any manner whatsoever.

> Any opinion or views contained in this email message are those of the sender,
do not represent those of the Company in any way and reliance should not be
placed
upon its contents.

> Unless otherwise stated this email message is not intended to be contractually
binding.  Where an Agreement exists between our respective companies and there
is conflict between the contents of this email message and the Agreement then
the terms of that Agreement shall prevail.

> Abbey National Treasury Services plc. Registered in England. Registered
> Office:
Abbey House, Baker Street, London NW1 6XL.  Company Registration No: 2338548.
Regulated by the SFA

The ALL NEW CS2000 from CompuServe
 Better!  Faster! More Powerful!
 250 FREE hours! Sign-on Now!