tail spring

Subject: tail spring
From: Paul Stewart <pauld.stewart@virgin.net>
Date: Sat, 19 May 2001 19:17:51
Started setting up the tail wheel spring this afternoon. Have drilled the
stern post and set up the spring 235 mm below fuselage lower moulding as
described. When I measured the distance from the under side of the flat on
the tail spring to fuselage moulding I get about 40 mm. This seems rather a
large gap to be filled by 5 or even 6 layers of 3mm ply and bid as the
manual suggests. I think I can probably reduce the gap a bit by fiddling but
can anyone out there remember what sort of a gap they had beneath the tail
spring?

regards

Paul Stewart #432