Re: Installation of the A2 Plate

Subject: Re: Installation of the A2 Plate
From: Tom & Cathy Friedland <tfriedland@home.com>
Date: Mon, 14 May 2001 09:05:07
Brian

One of my flaps took on a bend post cure.  I blocked it up with some weight
until
it was slightly over-corrected and left it for 6 weeks.  It straightened out and
has stayed that way.

I doubled up on the length of hinges and am using teflon tubing over stainless
pins.  The pins are less in diameter and not as high of allowable stress but by
having twice the length, they calculate approximately the same in total shear
strength.  They move freely and should never need lubrication.

Tom Friedland A 079