Re: Fuel Tank shape

Subject: Re: Fuel Tank shape
From: John Cliff <john@crixbinfield.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 2 May 2001 10:21:13
Forwarded from the bounce bin. Message is from
'Dave'  on twex1160@londonweb.net

Dan,

I did the same mod as you but my tank had only a small step.  The tank
is made by rotational moulding and you will probably find the the wall
has adequate thickness even if you remove material locally to allow the
plate to seal.  However I don't think the plate on its own will pull the
two halves into a plane surface without removing that much material.

3/8" is an awful lot - had you thought about returning the tank for a
better one?

Dave