Fuel Tank shape

Subject: Fuel Tank shape
From: djgeldermann <djgeldermann@email.msn.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2001 19:19:46
Hello all,
My fuel tank does not have a level top.  Where the two molded pieces
come together along the top seam there is a sag between the front and
back edges of the tank of up to 3/8" in the middle.  Does anyone else
have this situation?  I haven't cut an opening yet, but I want to
install an access panel in the tank top for a capacitance fuel probe and
to have a way to clean out the tank.  I'm wondering if a flat cover
plate will pull the tank top surface together for a good seal.
Dan Geldermann
A-139