RE: Mac Grips

Subject: RE: Mac Grips
From: Bob.Harrison <ptag.dev@ukonline.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2001 10:37:27
Hi! All and Jerry.
Just a word of warning to the stick top control enthusiasts from an
electrical "bo bo" ! I went down this road and it wasn't 'til after I'd
given my Skyforce IIIC GPS a reverse polarity shot (They don't have
protective diodes)that I realised how damn devious electricity can be. So
flat batteries overnight,smell of burning out the back of the GPS 300
repairs later I had to get a relay wiz-kid to design a foolproof relay to
give me control from stick top AND/OR panel. This he did and believe it or
not it's impossible to fool it even when you press all the switches
simulatneously! (up to now !) Mac produce a relay deck for the trim circuit
but hesitate to say it will take Flap amps adequately .
So "Confucius" and I think Jerry Davis, will say watch out for grounding out
polarities the wrong way. Wrinkles and experience can be expensive.!
regards
Bob Harrison G-PTAG