Virus in Message ?

Subject: Virus in Message ?
From: John Cliff <john@crixbinfield.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2001 12:02:47
I found the following message in the bounce bin this morning, apparently
machine-generated.

Subject: Antigen found Mid/Kakworm virus
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2001 13:52:12 -0800

Antigen for Exchange found Unknown infected with Mid/Kakworm virus.
The file is currently Deleted.  The message, "Re: Trailers",
was
sent from jronjones  and was discovered in IMC Queues\Outbound
located at RAND/Santa Monica/SMMAIL1.

My own mail program, Outlook Express, merely remarked that the message in
question contained an unsafe ActiveX control,  and I have elected not to load
such things. There is no obvious sign of a virus in the message source  but I am
not expert in these things.

Caveat Emptor !  ( or perhaps Caveat MailReador ... )

John Cliff
Europa Club List Forum minder