AeroElectric-List at Matronics

Subject: AeroElectric-List at Matronics
From: Eddie and Sue Lindsay <elindsay@zianet.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2001 23:24:34

To All:
    I again took the liberty of contacting Bob Nuckolls and the
following is a summary of the information he so kindly provided. Thank
you, kind sir.
"AeroElectric-List-Digest" in order to monitor the ongoing dialogue and
Bob's contributions on the subjects he previously addressed as part of
our forum. Do note the second of the quoted paragraphs below. He does
monitor and contribute to the Matronics hosted forum on a regular basis.
Once you subscribe, it would appear that you could post a question
specifically addressed to his attention and, in some reasonable period
of time, expect him to provide an appropriate response. You also may
receive additional responses from other subscribers to that forum?
    The differences between the "...-List" and the "-List-Digest" are
carefully explained at the Matronics site. Read that explanation and the
rest of their introductory material carefully, or you may find yourself
checking the wrong box and then receiving a whole lot more Email than
you really want!
    Even after visiting the Matronics site, it remains unclear to me
whether or not non-subscribers to the Matronics lists can access the
archives they maintain. My very brief visit to their Pietenpol forum and
a review of the information on that list's home page did not reveal an
immediately obvious answer to that question. I have requested this
information from their Administrator and will share that information
with all if/when I hear from him.
   The following is part of the text from Bob's most recent reply to my
inquiry(s). I thank him for being so patient, understanding, and most
cooperative. He is truly one fine fellow...but, then, aren't all of we
fellow native Kansans?

   "The aeroelectric-list is just another service of Matt Dralle's
   generous contributions of time and hardware to OBAM aviation.
   I have no connection with it other than the fact that it was
   named after my operation and it's the only list server that I
   participate on routinely."
   "I'm saving my replies to selected questions in my e-mail program.
   Of course, these contain the original question as well as my
   reply. I'm considering a sort of Frequency Asked Questions
   compilation using that archived data which WOULD be available
   from my website. It would NOT be all inclusive so if one wants
   to stay plugged in to the whole conversation, they need to subscribe
   with Matronics."

    Bob also indicated that there will ultimately be a link to the
"AeroElectric-List/-List-Digest" on the Matronics Email Lists Home Page.
    Perhaps a brief note to Bob encouraging him to establish his
"Frequency Asked Questions" would provide him with the necessary
incentive? He may REALLY hate me for that!
    Again, if you do discover any errors or contradictions in Bob's
excellent book, he would appreciate it if you would call them directly
to his attention at nuckolls@aeroelectric.com.
    I hope some of you find this to be of value. Once again, the address
http://www.matronics.com/subscribe/. Or, as previously mentioned, you
can use the link to Matronics Bob Nuckolls provides at his
http://www.aeroelectric.com/ website.
    And a special thank you to the guiding forces at Matronics.
    Regards to all and goodnight.
    - Ed Lindsay, Native Kansan now residing in New Mexico -

P.S. No, I don't know what "OBAM" means and I dare not ask him (Bob).
I've required far more than my share of his attention for the month of
March...perhaps even CY 2001! Thanks again, Bob.