Re: [Re: [Re: [Composite Materials Practice Kit]]]

Subject: Re: [Re: [Re: [Composite Materials Practice Kit]]]
From: Andrew Sarangan <europaxs@usa.net>
Date: Sat, 10 Mar 2001 15:20:51

The title of the book is "Moldless Composite Homebuilt Sandwich Aircraft
Construction - 3rd edition, 1983 - Rutan Aircraft Factory Inc, Mojave, CA
93501.". It is not really a book, as much as a manual. It is oddly shaped
(11"x19") and poorly formatted. However, I found the large sheets to be more
convenient in the workshop use than the standard 8.5"x11" sheets.

Here is the inventory list (from page 1 of the manual):

Urethane foam 2 lb/cu.ft  -     2 bd ft (not sure what the bd ft means).
Styrofoam 2 lb/cu.ft      -     4 bd ft
Bi-Directional Fiberglass -     2 1/4 yds
Unidirectional Fiberglass -     1 1/4 yds
Epoxy Kit (Resin & Hardener) -  1 quart
Microspheres                 -  2 oz
Flox                         -  1 oz
Peel Ply 1" wide             -  6 ft
Stainless safety wire .032 dia- 5 ft
Bristle brush 1" wide        -  4 each
8 oz and 3 oz mixing cups    -  5 each
Mixing sticks                -  6 each
Sandpaper - 36 grit          -  1 sheet

"Ernest Clark" <vw605@home.com> wrote:
Andrew,

Am also in need of the introductory kit (the wheel chock kit).  Have just
received the fuselage kit along with 3 gallons of epoxy (but no foam).
Perhaps I could use your list of materials to purchase the foam and any
other necessary items.  In an earlier message you offered to send the list
by e-mail to someone.  Would you please e-mail the list to me also?  Also,
what is the title of the Rutan book to which you make reference?  I could
probably benefit from that too.
Thanks in advance.

Woody Clark, Reno, NV, A215
Europa List is supported by Aviators Network UK - info@avnet.co.uk