Soldering/crimping

Subject: Soldering/crimping
From: Fergkyle <ve3lvo@rac.ca>
Date: Sat, 3 Mar 2001 13:31:31
Fred:
            I bow to your conjecture..... Bob Nuckolls has very definite
ideas and I followed Industry threads which appeared to support his
opinion - and he does refer to different fittings much of the time. In
addition, the thought that it is written for those whose soldering skills
may be less from training than from doing the eavestrough (sorry, gutters),
might account for the difference in outlook.
            I have soldered a number of aircraft connections where vibration
and flexing were not factors, and perhaps should have considered that when
writing.
Nevertheless, there are good points for builders in Bob's output and I will
follow where it applies.
            Thanks for the clarification!
Happy landings
Ferg A064