Re: Fitting the rudder & fin cap

Subject: Re: Fitting the rudder & fin cap
From: Miles McCallum <milesm@avnet.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2001 08:37:43
I did this with the fuselage halves clecoed together: length of fin is dictated
by the
rudder - and (faint) trim lines were about right. Joggle in the sternpost was
about
in
the right position, but interfered too much with rudder position and movement,
so it's
been cut off, and when the sternpost goes in finally, the area around the joggle
and
between the top of the sternpost and cap will get a couple of plies of bid. Yes
the top
hinge lies mainly in the cap. The rudder will need some of the top LHS relieved
to allow
it to swing into the cap at full Left.

Miles