Fitting the rudder & fin cap

Subject: Fitting the rudder & fin cap
From: Paul McAllister <pma@obtero.net>
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2001 21:38:21
Hi All,

I am fooling around trying to fit up the fin cap and the rudder on my XS.  I
have a couple of concerns.

The first is that the seam between the top cap and the skin is sitting above
the top joggle in the stern post.  I am worried if I cut away the fin to
lower the joint then this will enlarge the area in the top of the fin too
much and the cap will not be large enough.

The second is that it really seems like that the top hinge on the rudder
ends up right in the middle of the top joggle in the stern post.

I'd be interested to hear anyone's experience with this part of the job.

Thanks,

Paul McAllister
XS Builder 363 - http://pma.obtero.net