Re: Carb ice

Subject: Re: Carb ice
From: BRYNALL@aol.com
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2001 17:54:24
In a message dated 31/01/2001 01:39:43 GMT Standard Time, tonyk@kaon.co.nz
writes:

<< Bryan has an early XS -
 so he is in the 'recommended' installation bracket.

 I suppose that, instead of using the warm water to heat the carb cuffs, you
 could always duct the water through into the cockpit and have a heated seat
 ;-)

 Tony (with tongue firmly in cheek) >>

Graham is correct Tony, I do have the XS. The advice I received from Europa
was that they had experienced ground running icing, but no icing in flight in
the UK despite flying extensively in carb icing conditions.

They went on to add that they are selling the Skydrive kit which you can add
if you want to feel sure.

Clearly, they would not council against the mod. for sales reasons and to
avoid any liability hazards. I would not describe it as a 'recommendation'
though.

Thanks for the suggestion about the seat heater, but I have one already
installed one around the pan. Does wonders for the piles. Perhaps I could
take the bar out during the winter though, and put a tea maker in!

Happy landings ..... Bryan A