PFA training for monowheel

Subject: PFA training for monowheel
From: Rowland & Wilma Carson <rowil@clara.net>
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2001 20:52:23
Those folk with long memories will recall I asked for responses on
the likely uptake of a monowheel training course, an initiative of
the PFA Coaching Scheme in association with the Europa Factory. I am
pleased to reproduce below the text of a letter received by The
Europa Club from Cliff Piper of the PFA. A similar announcement will
appear shortly in "Popular Flying".

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

Europa Training Weekend

Europa Aircraft has generously agreed to join with the PFA in a
training weekend Sywell on 12th - 13th May 2001.

This is a preliminary announcement and some details remain to be
finalised but arrangements provisionally are as follows .

1,        Two mono-wheel aircraft will be available and two PFA coaches
each day in addition to Andy Draper from Europa aircraft.

2,        The course is aimed at Europa builders who are close to
completion and restricted to the monowheel version.

3,        Training will include some experience on a hard runway at
Hinton, weather permitting.

4,        Numbers will be restricted to six, 3 on Saturday and 3 on
Sunday each candidate can expect about two hours flying (this will
also qualify for the one hour coaching flight for licence
revalidation as a bonus).

5,        The fee will be approx 100 to cover the fuel and expenses
and does not include accommodation or food.

6,        Accommodation is available at the Sywell Motel at about 45
per night and has a good selection of food but this must be arranged
personally by the candidate.

7,         It is not intended that this training will be sufficient to
reach an adequate standard on the aircraft, but should be considered
as a primer for a Pilot Coaching Scheme conversion course.

8,        If you wish to take advantage of this excellent opportunity
contact Penny Sharpe for a provisional booking but do not forward
cash at this stage.

                        Cliff Piper
                        Chairman PCS

regards