U/C bushes.

Subject: U/C bushes.
From: Grahamclk@aol.com
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2001 15:04:11
I have just had occasion to "suspend" my Europa to replace a tyre.  During
this it was apparent that the (mono) wheel could be be moved up and down
about 3/8" without anything else moving.  This was traced to elongation of
the LGO5 bushes, which have gone elliptical by at least 20 thou.   I have
already found another builder who has replaced them.  IMHO they would be
better in a harder material than phosphor bronze; after all there is no
continuous rotation, but they have to withstand the thump of our landings -
and maybe airstream buffeting repetitively loads them too.

Graham C. G-EMIN