Re: [RE: Future upgrades question]

Subject: Re: [RE: Future upgrades question]
From: Graham Singleton <grasingleton@avnet.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2001 12:43:32
>I wasn't aware that any AOA system provided indications for Vno, Vne,
>and Va, much less accurate ones (small AOA at those speeds).

They don't, but AoA is the critical factor , particularly near the stall
and doesn't vary with weight. Didn't the Air Force go to AoA as the primary
flight instrument in combat aircraft after losing a few F4s? I remember
Burt Rutan did spin testing on those with spin recovery parachute attached.
The chute let go on one occasion and they had to eject.

Graham