Re: [RE: New member]

Subject: Re: [RE: New member]
From: Andrew Sarangan <europaxs@usa.net>
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2001 13:55:53

Sounds like all this might be a bit of an overkill in workshop preparation.
The floor does not have to be impeccably clean. As long as it is reasonably
clean, and you can walk around the shop without having to trip over things,
that should suffice. A 200 Amp panel is definitely way too much. My entire
house is serviced by a 150 Amp panel. The Europa does not call for anything
more than light power tools. However, do install lots of lights in the shop. I
installed five flourescent fixtures, and wired in a 20 Amp circuit with a few
extra outlets. You also need a large sturdy table. An 8x4 should work well. I
made a fabulously stable table for under $50. If you want the details, send me
an email. My recommendation about tools would be to wait until you need the
tools. Buy them as you go. It is hard to know what tools you might need too
far ahead of time. Find a local hardware store (Lowes, Home Depot) and get to
know them. Don't go overboard on tools. You can end up spending way too much.
Some tools you might only need once, and you should borrow these from others.

If you are killing time waiting for your kit to arrive, I would recommend that
you buy the "Composite Practice Kit" from Aircraft Spruce and spend a few days
with it. It is highly educational.

PBoulet@aol.com wrote:
Hi all;
It seems a long time ago that I put my deposit/order in for my new monowheel
XS kit.  It was November after I attended the workshop out in Corona,
California taught by Kim Prout.

Since then I've put in a beautiful, gleaming white floor (by Hard Deck
Coatings), have installed a new 200 amp panel, have installed additional light
circuits and finally installed additional electrical circuits.

I've been accumulating tools mostly off of E-bay.  The ones I have left to buy
are a mystery to me...no idea what they are by the name on the tool list given
me.  I trust it'll become more apparent what I need once I actually start
building.

Any ideas on what I might do to pass the time awaiting my March arrival of my
"newborn"??

Enjoying this web site....have printed out many letters describing solutions
to certain problem procedures.  Thanks to all...hope to meet you in the
upcoming months and years
Paul Boulet, Malibu, California