Re: Long ranger tank - tip

Subject: Re: Long ranger tank - tip
From: Paul & Liz Atkinson <paulliz@cix.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2001 11:25:05
In article
<000c01c07f2a$6108e220$67e81f3e@AlanStewart>,
alan.stewart@blueyonder.co.uk (Alan Stewart) wrote:

> Interesting and practical Barry,
>
> In my personal experience, I've found a far more
pressing limitation to
> endurance.
>
> The solution is generally found in the application
of a rather
> primitive but
> effective,
> empty plastic soft drink bottle purchased from the
local supermarket.

> Accuracy is vital when used. The embarrasment factor
is high,
> especially on
> landing
> at a busy airfield.
>
> ...... just excuse the contents as a rather obscure
beverage that proved
> distasteful and
> dump in the nearest drain soon after landing.
>
> Alan

considering fitting
> the
> same
> Hi folks!
>
> you might be interested in the following mod.
>
> The extra tank feed is only by siphon so if the main
tank is not empty
> then
> the
> extra tank will always have a cosiderable amount of
fuel in it making
> it not
> so
> convenient to use for short periods.
>
> Many of us received last year a higher capacity fuel
pump from Europa. I
> have
> fitted the old pump in the feed line from the extra
tank to the main
> tank.
>
> After flight (or during flight) just pump the
remaining fuel from the
> extra
> into
> the main tank and take the empty tank with you!!
>
> I do not know if you UK guys will need a PFA mod for
something like
> this.
>
> Best regards
>
> Barry Tennant

I suppose for those of us with low bladder capacity
the answer would be to buy two tanks one connected to
the fuel system and the other.....

Paul Atkinson

ps best to make sure that they cant be connected the
rong way.