Aileron instruction clarification

Subject: Aileron instruction clarification
From: JLW <jeffw@Telebyte.net>
Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2001 19:51:50
Hello all...

    I've noticed a slight 'possible' discrepancy or at least a curiosity
with regard to the placement of the aileron hinges, and the placement of
the reinforcement for them.
    On Page 7-4, figure 7 there is a measurement of 117 cm (46") from
the root of the aileron.  That measurement is supposed to be the center
of the location of the 20 cm reinforcement.
    On Page 7-8, figure 14 there is another measurement of 117 cm,
except it is shown to be starting from 13 cm (1") further outboard from
the root.  The measurement is supposed to be the center of the location
for the 127 mm (5") hinge.
    Am I the only one to have found that to be somewhat of a curious
difference between the two measurements?  I find that if I start the
measurement for the outboard hinge an extra inch outboard as in figure
14 that the hinge is just barely still on the reinforcement.

    Jeff  A191