Re: [Re: HLP - Ailerons again!]

Subject: Re: [Re: HLP - Ailerons again!]
From: Chris Beck <EuropaChris@netscape.net>
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2001 13:06:49
I just tried again and finally got to the pics.  We just went through this
step yesterday.  I just filled in the "trough" with some dry micro before
laying up the uni plies.  At most, the micro is about 3/16" wide, and I made
no attempt to fully blend in the foam/glass transition.  These cores were not
very good with regard to the trailing edges, having a very poor matchup.  The
rest of the t.e. will get blended with filler at the paint stage to make it
look pretty.  It turned out pretty well, tho.  FINALLY, we see the end of the
layup tunnel!!!

Chris A159