Take Some Measurements

Subject: Take Some Measurements
From: TroyMaynor@aol.com
Date: Sat, 6 Jan 2001 09:40:03
Hi All,
Need some help. I want to bring in my fresh air behind the panel in a near
straight shot to the eyeball vents. Can someone with the classic MK-1 912S
engine installation take a look tell me how much room between the engine or
carbs and the firewall. I am interested in the area that is 12 inches from
each outside edge of the fuselage directly on top of the footwell shelf. I am
thinking about putting a flange or maybe an RV style heater box on each side
right in this area and I'm not ready to install the engine yet. Maybe there's
someone out there that has their cowlings off right now.
Would it be sound design to think about feeding in fresh air to the cabin
---From a common chin placed NACA scoop that might feed cool air to a carb box,
or would a carb cool air box inlet have to be on top of the cowl like the XS?
 I'm actually working on my panel with the eyeball vent supply ducts but it's
funny how so many things "hinge" on each other.
Thanks.
Troy