How does it Fly?

Subject: How does it Fly?
From: Bob Jacobsen <jacobsenra@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2000 22:27:10

Hi All,

In November I had the great pleasure of taking my son up a few times in my
Europa when he was home from school.  He is a 3rd year student at the United
States Air Force Academy.  He is also a glider instructor there and has over
250 glider flights so far.

Needless to say he really loved the Europa and got in quite a bit of flight
time with me (very fun for dad!).  He just came back home this week on
Christmas leave and told me a good story I had to pass along;

After flying the Europa he went back to teaching and let his student do the
takeoff and rope tow.  After the release he took the controls and
immediately thought something was wrong with the controls.  He said for a
moment he was really worried but then figured out they were normal.  Seems
that the controls in his TG-4A are really bad compared to my Europa and he
got spoiled quickly!!!

Gosh this is fun - much better than sanding, or cleaning fuel tanks, or
mixing Redux, or...........

Bob Jacobsen
A131