fuel tank outlets

Subject: fuel tank outlets
From: flying <pauld.stewart.fly@virginnet.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2000 13:25:18

Shaun

I'm just in the process of fitting out all aluminium / AN fitting
system. We've got some new tank fittings which we had made up by a
friend with access to a lathe and milling machine. They allow us to go
1/8" NPT direct to AN -06 fitting for both holes in each outlet although
the fitting is still clamped to the tank using the 1" rubber hose. The
only way I've seem roung this was an installation with a non standard
tank which had glassed in AN flanges but that is incomplete. We are
going all alloy tube with an Andair gascolator mounted below the baggage
bay and an Andair fuel selector mounted next to the tunnel in the LH
seat. I have some drawings of the tank outlets and the start of the PFA
submission if you are interested. If so I'll send them direct to you
rather than include attachments to the club site. Hopefully in the next
week or so I'll get some pics and put them on the FTP site.

Paul Stewart  #432