Loose Rivet Holes

Subject: Loose Rivet Holes
From: Tony Renshaw <renshaw@ozemail.com.au>
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2000 08:14:44
Gidday,
I am rivetting bearings to brackets. The tailplane tube that runs laterally
across the ship is supported at each end by a CS09B self aligning bearing
rivetted in a CS09 Bracket. Well its like this, my bracket predrilled holes
allow a standard AN470AD4-7 rivet to swim within the holes and yet fits
snug within the predrilled holes in the bearing. What looseness or
tolerance is there allowable for rivet holes? Should I size the holes and
consider possibly moving up one size in rivets to get a snug fit again,
which will require drilling larger holes in the bearing, or should I simply
allow the lateral spread of the rivet to take up any slackness? Thanks in
anticipation
Reg
Tony Renshaw
Reg