RE: Fuel Tank Vents

Subject: RE: Fuel Tank Vents
From: Bob.Harrison <ptag.dev@ukonline.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 11 Nov 2000 21:58:56
Hi! Roger.
Yes, I submitted a schematic to the PFA. My tank and sight gauge vents go up
to the roof above the later type of filler , into a siphon break bottle with
it's drain back to tank, then there is two pipes from the other side of the
bottle over to port side and down to a small junction bottle which drains
through the port side flap actuating hinge slot, if it ever gets any fuel in
it !!! I've kept two pipes all the way since I feel that the sight gauge
doesn't want to be influenced by the tank vent sloshing about. Main problem
is connecting the various pipes to the bottles to be leak free , then the
only way to check for leaks is with the a/c upside down !!! (My sight gauge
is a seat back arrangement  also , but difficult to see the meniscus line
---From the P1 Position ,looking down at it from above.. However it is good to
use for flight check verification of fuel level. So I'm having a transducer
type of gauge from Tony K  as an additional gauge.
Regards
Bob Harrison G-PTAG