Re: Liberty

Subject: Re: Liberty
From: Fred Fillinger <fillinger@ameritech.net>
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2000 09:19:28
It is surprising indeed that it will be built here, the home of the
world's best product liability lawyers.  Presumably Liberty believes
the largest % of sales will be the U.S. market, but I thought it was
concluded long ago there's no market here for a 2-place A/C, at least
in the numbers suggested in the press releases.  Conventional wisdom
had been that "trainer" sales would give you enough volume for
profitability, but I understand that much of the Cessna C-172
production has gone to the big flight schools (who for some reason
didn't insist on 2-place either).

OTOH, Europa builders have already paid for much of the R & D, and
maybe that's the key to their business model (don't that make 'ya feel
good all over?). :)

I certainly wish them success, though.

Fred F., A063

Mark Wilksch: