Re: Filling

Subject: Re: Filling
From: Graham Singleton <grasingleton@avnet.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2000 00:33:26
(
>BTW, how far can I expect a gallon kit of Superfil to go?
>Troy

Hi Troy,
The nylon line we used was about lb 125 lb breaking strength. We used a
steel scraper, from the local builders merchant, about 4 inch wide and
springy. I'd guess .031 thick and maybe 6 inch long, then a 4 inch wooden
handle. It no doubt has a name but I don't know what it is. Probably used
in plastering.
Fill any deep holes and sand more or less level first, then finish with the
second pass. It took a couple of hours to fill one side of a wing. No real
idea how much we used but a gallon might do the wings?

Graham