[off-topic] Thanks from Wilma & Rowland

Subject: [off-topic] Thanks from Wilma & Rowland
From: Rowland & Wilma Carson <rowil@clara.net>
Date: Wed, 6 Sep 2000 23:11:59
As I may not have the time now to respond individually to all those
who have sent messages of concern and support, please accept our
thanks here on the list.

For those who requested more news:

Wilma had severe chest pains about 22:15 Monday night. I took her to
the A&E sept of the local hospital, where they gave her a shot of
morphine and sent her straight to the cardiac unit. She had a heart
stoppage after she reached the ward and had to be defibrillated, but
her heart restarted at the first shock and then ran steadily. I
waited until about 01:30 and the doctor said dramatics were probably
over for the day. On Tuesday morning I brought in her overnight bag
and found her a much better colour although still groggy. By the
afternoon she was sitting up, talking and looking almost normal
again. Tomorrow she has an x-ray or scan to check for damage, then
towards the end of the week, a treadmill test is promised to check
stress/pain correlation (she is not looking forward to that).
Depending on test results and recommended treatment/rehabilitation
regime, she may be discharged next week.

Thanks again to you all; we are in your debt for so much
encouragement. Wilma was very moved to know how many people she'd
never even met cared enough to express their support.

regards

Rowland
           ... that's Rowland with a 'w' ...