The Common Good..

Subject: The Common Good..
From: Fergus Kyle <fkyle@bigwave.ca>
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2000 22:35:13
Ladies and gentlemen!
        It is time once again to review our procedures (some of us).
        One doesn't hear/read much about the title subject any more. Maybe
hustling a buck IS the secret to life BUT I like it the way it was. We
are all lucky to have a net supervisor who takes a keen interest in
making our lives that much more useful by easing the pangs of email. He
does this by begging us to read the FAQ to see how best to accomplish
easy effectiveness.
        In particular, I refer to those neat, pretty COLOURED messages now
evrmore gracing our screens. Like crayons, they seem to appeal to those
who can't abide mere fact.
        If you, like I, tried to save/print/reply or file these bright gems,
you will know what a waste of time and space those thousands of gay
bytes were. Since one sees the emergence of these only in the last three
years, one assumes the come from newer members who are unaware of the
waste they cause. How Rowland puts up with the extra work I cam't think!
        It is I believe FAQ4 which politely asks us not to encumber the system
and his spare time with unnecessary embroidery, and I think it only a
small tribute to agree.
        So let's thumb our noses at Gates' gaffe and send in plain text so that
Rowland can get on with his very valuable contibution!!!
Happy Filings
Ferg #A064