Tailwind landings

Subject: Tailwind landings
From: Tony Krzyzewski <tonyk@kaon.co.nz>
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2000 11:35:10
Has anyone got any tips (other than don't do it) for landing the Europa with
a tail wind?

I just had the unpleasant experience of trying (and finally succeeding) in
putting UDB on the ground with a 5 knot tail wind component. The vector at
our local airfield had been switched between my takeoff and landing due to
sun strike problems which resulted in the tailwind. I discovered that the
aircraft really didn't want to land and it took several attempts to get it
to finally sit on the ground, and stay there.

Tony

Tony S Krzyzewski        Kaon Technologies Ltd
Managing Director        1 Ngaire Avenue
Ph 64 9 520 4631         Epsom
Fx 64 9 520 3321         PO Box 9830 Newmarket
tonyk@kaon.co.nz         Auckland NZ

PLEASE NOTE NEW DETAILS FROM SEPTEMBER 25TH
Unit 6, 7 Torrens Rd       Ph 64 9 274 1590
East Tamaki               Fax 64 9 274 1593
PO Box 58-521, Greenmount
Auckland