Re: toohumit makin sern

Subject: Re: toohumit makin sern
From: Graham Singleton <grasingleton@avnet.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2000 11:19:04
>         My method has been to moisten the surfaces with MEK to repel oils and
>sand the surfaces by hand (per the manual) to give initial teeth to the
>filling.

Thanks for the interesting info Fergus,
however I don't think wiping with MEK is a good idea. It cannot be
guaranteed that a glass layup has no  pinholes, so there is a significant
risk of solvent attacking the foam core. That would be bad news and
difficult to rectify. IMHO a thorough sanding with a soft abrasive sanding
block, those cheap foam ones are OK, will be adequate.

Graham