Aerials

Subject: Aerials
From: J D Bean <JohnBean@compuserve.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Jul 2000 11:46:10
I am tinkering with fitting aerials into my fuselage. I have a Bob Archer
transponder unit close to the tail bulkhead and will fit a Bob Archer VHF
unit on the fuselage side behind the baggage bay bulkhead.

When listening to my radio in my workshop on FM 101.3 I notice that if my
GPS aerial is within about 4 feet there is noticable interference. Are
there any known restrictions on aerial locations and distances between
differing aerials? I am hoping to fit a GPS aerial in the fuselage roof
somewhere near the old fuel filler position but this may be a bit close to
the VHF aerial.

Any suggestions as to a suitable make of internally mounted GPS aerial for
a Skyforce 2?

I notice that my present GPS aerial is connected with a small outside
diameter co-axial cable with SMC (or something like that) co-axial
connectors. What is the latest thought on suitable aerial co-axial wire and
connectors and can the more modern lightweight higher performance cables be
used?

Thanks for any help.  John Bean (kit 23)