Re: Clonk

Subject: Re: Clonk
From: Jim Naylor <jnaylor@avnet.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2000 19:24:24

Barry ,
Just check that the pivot bolt at the top of the leg is not to tight and
there is plenty of lubrication.
I had a leg collapse on a friends plane I was flying a few weeks back due to
too much friction at the pivot preventing it locking down.
I make sure the legs can fall under their own weight when the wings are held
vertical. You should find they will lock with no problem as soon as the
flaps are deployed if they are free enough.

Jim Naylor