Isaac Porat

Subject: Isaac Porat
From: Graham Singleton <grasingleton@avnet.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2000 23:04:59
Hello from |Isaac to the club. I just got off the phone from Isaac, who is
now back home. He is much more cheerful now and I expect he will start to
make real progress towards relatively good recovery. No sign yet of any
return of vision, so that looks a little unlikely but still not impossible.
Nevertheless he is very cheerful.

He tells me that they are determined to continue with the computerized
instrument/map display, which pleases me greatly. We had the first
prototype in G-KWIP and it performed extremely well. One of the really nice
features was the HSI display. It showed track required, track made good and
gave distance off track. Updated every second so that even in turns it was
useable.
The map display was excellent and all the engine parameters were available
and accurate. Some of you may have seen the unit in G-KITS. I am told that
it needs a little adjustment still, not terribly difficult but needs a day
or two. Unfortunately the aircraft seems to be flying too much. Never mind,
it still gives a good impression of what is available.

Graham