RE: Resin Prewarming

Subject: RE: Resin Prewarming
From: Rick Sivier <rick@cragwood.demon.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 28 May 2000 10:14:50
Hi,

I've just finished my resin cupboard, which is constructed from MDF lined
with 50mm polystyrene.  To keep the temperature up, I have put a wine makers
heating tray at the bottom of the cupboard.  This is usually used for
heating demijohns during winemaking and is rated at 20W.  So far the
cupboard has maintained a steady 26 degrees without a thermostat.  You can
get the trays in home brewing shops or Boots in the UK and I have seen
similar things in pet shops for warming reptile tanks.

Regards

Rick