RE: feathering props

Subject: RE: feathering props
From: Tony Krzyzewski <tonyk@kaon.co.nz>
Date: Wed, 24 May 2000 08:59:20
Yes,

Have a look at www.propellor.com.

The Airmaster prop is fully feathering.

Tony

-----Original Message-----
From:        Chris Boultinghouse [SMTP:chrisb7@flash.net]
Sent:        Wednesday, May 24, 2000 8:48 AM
Subject:        feathering props

Greetings!

I've been a fan of the Europa since it was first introduced, and now that
the glider wings are available I like it even more! (I have both PPSEL and
glider ratings.)

One question, if I may:

Is there a prop available for the Rotax 912S that is capable of being fully
feathered?  Of course it isn't an issue when using the "shorty" wings, but
it would provide much better performance when using the glider wings.
Several evenings of internet searching has failed to reveal such a prop.
(Unless Hoffman makes one? That's the type used on the Grob 109B I
regularly fly.)

No, I haven't bought a Europa yet, but it seems to be the only airplane on
the market that will satisfy all of my flying desires!

Thanks for any suggestions.

Regards,

Chris Boultinghouse
Austin, TX