Re: Mag drop 912

Subject: Re: Mag drop 912
From: Chris Boultinghouse <chrisb7@flash.net>
Date: Tue, 16 May 2000 07:09:35

>Anyone out there have any  suggestions??   Ben   G-BXGG

Ben,

I had the identical situation with a 912 last year.  Some suggestions:
Even though the plugs look good, change them anyway.  One or more could be
failing to fire under compression.  Next would be the coils.  They can be
swapped around to see if the problem changes position (from L to R mag).
Unfortunately none of that helped in my situation.  It turned out to be one
of the CDI modules; a $400 USD part!  Ouch.  Good luck!

Regards,

Chris Boultinghouse
Austin, TX