Re: Tiresome business

Subject: Re: Tiresome business
From: Grahamclk@aol.com
Date: Fri, 5 May 2000 10:34:06
Hi Bryan

<>

Good idea, but it wouldn't help if the inner-tube is punctured  Luckily mine
wasn't, I stuffed a couple of Tinnerman washers in the hole. This held the
tube inside long enough to pump it up and re-close the ramp. You have to
separate the wheel halves (JCB again) if the innertube punctures.

BTW users of the standard trailer will be familiar with the response from
your partner when you ask her to lie on her back in the grass with her legs
in the air while you insert the pin (to secure  the ramp).  I now carry a U-
shaped gadget made from 3/8" steel rod. The two ends are bent over to engage
with the brackets on the end of the ramp, while the cross-part sits on the
top of the tire.  So after the plane has been winched up the ramp, you
transfer the winch hook to the back of the U and can close it without
assistance.

While  on the rampant subject, Kim Prout's suggestion of reversing the rods
to prevent them swinging where they shouldn't, is not that simple.  The
bolt-end bracket holes are bigger than those for the pip-pins, so some
"engineering" is required.

Graham C. G-EMIN