Tiresome business

Subject: Tiresome business
From: Grahamclk@aol.com
Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2000 15:56:13
Those of you with the standard trailer will know that the rods which hold the
ramp up swing freely in a near horizontal plane when the ramp pins are not
engaged.

Derigging today for perhaps the hundredth time, I found that having winched
the plane up the ramp, one of the (out of sight) rods had swung in and neatly
speared the tyre (tire), inspite of the rounded end.  Now the wheel won't go
round with a 2ft rod through it so you can't run it down again. No problem
you say, just release the bolt at the other end. Ok, you pull the rod out and
find the tube is not punctured and starts to balloon out. Panic then to
release the pressure before it blows up in your face.   Now the tire is
deflated, there is no way to pull the ramp up, as the exhaust  will foul.
Not a problem to meet on a rainy windy evening after (dare I say it ) a
tiring flight (:-))

I won't bore you with the solution (but Tinnerman washers come into it).  No
idea what you do if the tube goes too. Keep a JCB in the toolkit perhaps ?

Graham C G-EMIN