Re: AOA Indicator

Subject: Re: AOA Indicator
From: Tony Krzyzewski <tonyk@kaon.co.nz>
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2000 06:51:50

>Now I wonder, has anybody tried measuring the AOA directly, i.e. by using a
position transducer connected to a vane?

Yes, and it is commercially available. I have been playing with that one as
well using a servo feedback potentiometer and a small vane connected to it.

I have very kindly been offered a Europa to fly until mine is complete so
I'll be able to test out some of my ideas on a live aircraft once it arrives
in the country in a few weeks - I suppose it will be a good excuse to do
some flying:-)

Tony