Hardener Attack!

Subject: Hardener Attack!
From: Tony Renshaw <renshaw@ozemail.com.au>
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2000 09:33:13
Gidday,
I had cause to replace the hardener tube in my resin pump which appears to
be 6 mm ID "Polyethylene" tubing. Now I did a  bit of a ring around and
spoke to a PVC expert who suggested that common PVC tubing is actually
better at "not being chemically attacked", and therefore quite suitable as
an alternative to the original. Well after being installed in my pump for
aabout 6-8 weeks I did my first job yesterday to find the hardener had
completely discoloured to a dark brown colour. I should add that I had used
a timber dowel in the end of the dispenser to keep air away from the
exposed hardener, and there may be a small chance that the timbers natural
resins seeped into the hardener, but I don't think so. Now I really want to
know if I need to go back to the Polyethylene tubing, which from my fairly
extensive previous enquiries, is really hard to source, certainly locally.
Polyethylene, or PVC?? Which is it to be????            (P.S. Using SP
Systems Ampreg 20 Slow Hardener)
Reg
Tony Renshaw

Reg