Re: Redux(Ardalite)

Subject: Re: Redux(Ardalite)
From: Fred Fillinger <fillinger@ameritech.net>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2000 23:32:35
TroyMaynor@aol.com wrote:

> Hi ALL,
> How much Redux should I have on hand to bond on the top molding?

I think 1/4 of the can, maybe even 1/3.  I
recommend a generous amount, since there's no easy
way to fill any voids along most of the seam once
riveting commences.  The manual sez to butter one
seam; we did both to play safe, and I'm glad we
did.

BTW, we used aluminum pop rivets but without
pulling enough to break the mandrels.  The extra
pulling required to break the mandrel accomplishes
nothing, and the mandrels can then be removed real
easy with a plastic mallet.

Regards,
Fred Fillinger, A063