Re: XS build hours

Subject: Re: XS build hours
From: BRYNALL@aol.com
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 1999 13:47:57
Well, Rowland! I don't Know where you found out about my build hours for my
XS, but think it may be more than 1800 hours.

Truthfully, I have never kept a record of my time spent working on the build,
but it took 2 years and two months I did everything myself including the
panel and the paint work. I would be surprised if it took less than 2000
hours, and you can add at least 1000 hours to that for studying the manual
and references, headscatching, shopping for bits and pieces, researching
panel equipment, and a thousand and one other things (not forgetting europa
e-mail).

As long as you enjoy it, who's counting and why?

When you finish up with an aeroplane that can cruise at 130 knots, cant wait
to get off the ground and lands like Tinkerbell, who cares?

Now if someone could tell me how to eliminate prop vibration thoughout the
range of engine revs without spending huge amounts of money, life would
almost be complete. Even though I have perfect static balance on knife edges,
there still remains some harmonic characteristic.

Happy flying...............Bryan Allsop