Re: Motor control for 914 turbo

Subject: Re: Motor control for 914 turbo
From: Andy Draper <ANDY@europaaircraft.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 1999 17:01:40
The anchor nuts are to be on top of the tunnel and the TCU also on top of
the tunnel.  We're using the anchor nuts unconventionally, but there's
no reason that they can't be used upside-down.  Due to the sandwich
structure of the tunnel, we found it an easier way to attach the anchor  nuts.

The instrument panel does need to be relieved locally.

Kind regards

Andy Draper
Technical Manager
andy=40europa-aircraft.com

>>> Erich D Trombley <erichdtrombley=40juno.com> 12/20/99 06:02pm >>>
To all you folks using a 914 turbo can anyone please advise me on the
location of the waste gate motor control.  The manual states it should be
mounted in the cabin on top of the tunnel.  Later the manual states to
install the stiff nuts for mounting the unit on the top of the tunnel.
Does this infer the unit is located on the underside of the top of the
tunnel?  I am confused.  If the unit is in fact mounted on the top of the
tunnel than the instrument panel must be relieved locally.  Correct?

Thanks

Erich Trombley
A028
The Europa List is supported by Aviators Network UK - info=40avnet.co.uk