trailer mod [was: Trailer mianderings]

Subject: trailer mod [was: Trailer mianderings]
From: Rowland & Wilma Carson <rowil@clara.net>
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 1999 20:26:52

>ramp.  These allow you to wind the wheel up to the fully home position.
>
>With the standard design we found we had to push and shove while needing or
>lying on the ground to get the pip pins in with the main wheel and gear arm
>adequately secured.

I seem to remember that process at Cranfield '99 on the Sunday night!
Doesn't apply to me as I have invested in a Northwick covered trailer
which includes a fuselage dolly (which of course makes the whole
thing a somewhat BIGGER!).

>This mod cost me less than =A350 all-in so I made up an extra sets.  If any
one
>in the UK wants to try them, please get back to me

I'm sure you may get some takers from the considerable number of UK
builders using the standard factory open trailer.

regards

Rowland

PFA 16532   EAA 168386   Young Eagles Flight Leader 017623
Europa builder #435 G-ROWI