Re: Weight and balance

Subject: Re: Weight and balance
From: Paul & Liz Atkinson <paulliz@cix.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 1999 07:54:37
In article <3844B66B.6125@virgin.net>, dg.watts@virgin.net (David G.
Watts) wrote:

> Last time I saw John's aircraft he had the new tailwheel but not the
> baggage bay.

Thanks

> CofG figures for various aircraft is a fairly useless piece of
> information because once finished each builder will juggle whatever
> fixture and fittings around (usually the battery) to achieve the CofG
> position he requires.

I assume that a Europa fitted with a 912 shouldn't need the battery
moving. The reason I would like the info is that I need a starting point
on which to base my calculations. It would also be useful to see how much
variation there is between "standard" aircraft to give me some idea of how
much margin of error to allow for, if say the battery does need to be
moved further aft. I wouldn't want to move it any more than is absolutely
necessary.

To that end figures for XS's and classics would be very useful

Paul Atkinson