Re: Turn Coordinator ??

Subject: Re: Turn Coordinator ??
From: Rowland & Wilma Carson <rowil@clara.net>
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 1999 20:50:44

>How does one select an electric turn coordinator?

I selected the one on offer ex-NATO (and actually built by Smiths
just up the road from my house) at my local PFA strut (like an EAA
Chapter) for 35 UK pounds. It is a little heavier than the sparkly
new ones from the catalogues, and I will have to build (or if really
lazy, buy) a 24v inverter to drive it - but at that price, I'm not
complaining. And I can afford to replace it several times with the
same type before approaching new-instrument captial outlay. Oh, and
finally, it's a proper turn & slip with a needle instead of one of
those misleading little aeroplane symbols!

I realise my particular experience is of little use to you, However,
you might have a look at what's available at the S/H instrument
stalls at Sun'n'Fun & Oshkosh (sorry, too late for this year), or
even your local homebuilders gathering, if you want to save serious
amounts on panel stuff.

regards

Rowland

           ... that's Rowland with a 'w' ...