Re: Digital Compass?

Subject: Re: Digital Compass?
From: Graham Singleton <grasingleton@avnet.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 1999 00:14:48

>(or more?) changes.  If you have M$ Flight Simulator, try holding heading in
>IMC
>using just the digital heading digits on one of the EFIS panels (with 1-deg.
>display
>resolution, remember), and see if you'd like it in a real emergency.
>
>Just me opinion, though.

Valued. I have Flight Unlimited 3 and it's brilliant. Haven't tried flying
the Beech Jet IFR yet but I do like the EFIS. Might get Isaac to alter ours
to have tape strips for the ASI and Altimeter instead of round analog dials.
The Stemme motor glider is great fun, especially mountain flying. Mine is
getting a bit battered already. On one occasion I clipped a mountain side
and broke it. Sat there in front of the screen watching the wing tip go
sliding down the mountain. The next attempt at this particular routine,
(finals into a small strip) I clipped the same wing but this time the plane
kept flying, markedly one wing low. The eventual landing was a failure but
survivable. At last count I have broken around 23 props and about four
wings. Fortunately a magician mends the aeroplane every time I reset. The
Beech is much easier to land but the warning gongs don't half make you jump.

Graham