RE: Cowling Fasteners

Subject: RE: Cowling Fasteners
From: Kesterton Donald <KestertonD@logica.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 1999 10:12:00
Troy,

The Southco parts I used were

Flush head slotted stainless  Part Number 82-14-260-20
Base Part Number 82-35-302-15

These part numbers are from DD Aircraft Supply's catalogue who supplied them
to me in the UK quickly and efficiently.

I suggest you use all the same length fasteners and pad out the bases with
shims were necessary.
I suggest you use Nigel Charles' recommendation of fitting these fasteners
through the original Tinnerman washers for an elegant and load spreading
fit.

The ones I have quoted are the longest flush head fasteners Southco make.
Unfortunately they are not long enough in the bottom cowling area and you
should consult with you inspector what is acceptable in that area.  I also
notice that the oval head slotted are a bit longer, Part Number 82-11-360-20
and you might like to experiment with a few of those.

Donald Kesterton

        ----------
        From:  TroyMaynor@aol.com [SMTP:TroyMaynor@aol.com]
        Subject:  Cowling Fasteners

        Hi Gang,
        Does anyone have the specific part numbers for the Southco camloc
fasteners
        that some are using on the cowling? These I believe don't require
special
        (and expensive) pliers for installing them. They are the quarter
turn
        phillips head ones.

        Troy

        The Europa List is supported by Aviators Network UK -
info@avnet.co.uk