Corrosion treatment

Subject: Corrosion treatment
From: Ian Robson <ian@robson54.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 13 Nov 1999 10:51:51

I'm a bit unclear about the correct corrosion treatment for the alloy
parts and would appreciate it if anyone could give me a steer with
regards to the following:

    i) Am I correct to alodyne the parts that I will subsequently bond
to the
      air frame e.g. flap mounting plate W18. Does allodyne affect the
      with the epoxy?

    ii) Am I correct in NOT using Zinc Chromate primer on parts which
will be bonded to the airframe?        This is a pain and would
presumably reduce  bond strength.

    iii) What should I use to clean the aluminium parts prior to
        have suggested acetone (? also MEK) some AJAX and warm water,
        also a proprietary cleaner available from Aircraft Spruce called
Alumiprep.

    v) How long should the parts be left in the solution of aludine?

Thanks

Ian Robson